Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday 3 January 2010

Hello everyone.


Let me tell you a story:

What a surprise, there I was sitting on a shelf at the local garden centre, minding my own business, when I felt this hand grab me. First of all I thought it was Santa because this all happened just before Christmas and what child wouldn’t be pleased to have me in their Christmas stocking? BUT no, it was this funny lady. She was saying something to the man she was with about me having a cute smile and that I would fit nicely into her handbag.Well this is where I started to worry; surely she wasn’t going to put me into her handbag with out paying for me! I mean, I know I am cute, but not cute enough for some one to get into trouble for.I need not have worried. She popped me into a rather over crowded shopping basket and took me to the till. The next thing I knew everything went dark and I was inside a plastic bag and being taken out into the cold.

Well, to cut a long story short, I have ended up living with the funny lady and her husband. I hear them call each other Colin and Shirley so I suppose that is what I will call them too. Talking of names, my name is Bongo by the way. I know this because that is what Shirley calls me and I also have a label stitched to my bottom (which was very painful at the time) that says Bongo. Maybe one day I will let you see it but not just yet as we have only just met.

Since arriving at Shirley’s house I have tried to be on my best behaviour but to be honest I am finding this very hard as it is in my nature to be just a little bit naughty.
Now this is where Shirley should get just a little bit concerned because she explained to me the other day just why she bought me. She said I should feel very special because out of all the cuddly toys she had seen I was the cutest and just what she had been looking for.She wants me to join her in a year long project with her camera.
Would you believe it she wants to take photos of me for a whole year? I nearly fell off the Christmas tree I had been climbing when she told me.

All this made me feel very special indeed, I thought no other toy in the whole world would be so lucky as to have someone want to take photos of them for a whole year.
How wrong can a little Chimp be? When I came to build my blog, I had almost finished when suddenly a whole load of other ‘funny ladies’ appeared in my side bar!
They are ALL taking photos of their toys for a year, well at least it means I will have company on the way and you never know maybe one day I will get to meet the other toys.

Gosh just think what fun that could be!!!!
siggy

12 comments:

  1. Hi Bongo, well done on getting your own blog up and running :)

    It will be very interesting to read your stories as the year progresses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bongo, lovely to meet you, you do look so cuddley!!! I look forward to sharing you adventures too, I havent decided on a toy yet, but will still follow your journey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waves to Bongo! You sure look full of mischief, but good natured, so think you and Hedgie will get on fine! You are lucky to have found such a lovely lady to live with too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Bongo. Glad to meet you at last. Have heard a lot about you. Looking forward to seeing what adventures you will be getting up to this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are naughty and Shirley is nutty so together this next year will be very entertaining. I look forward to catching up on your escapades!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bongo you are so clever setting up the blog yourself, Clemmie needed my help.

    I thought you looked as though you could be mischief LOL!! Please try and be good as you are very lucky to have such a special lady like Shirley to live with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bongo, I think you are my long lost cousin! Wow you did a great job on your blog - so looking forward to reading about your adventures with the lovely Shirley (she is bonkers from what I have heard so watch out!). Love from Monkey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Bongo, I think you are going to lead me astray very nicely. I believe we're going to meet on friday I can't wait I'm soooo excited I'm wriggling all over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a little cutie!I can see you getting up to the most marvelous mischief with such a lovely lady!Look forward to reading all about your adventures and maybe meet you in real life!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will be travelling everywhere with Shirley MooMoo so I am looking forward to meeting you VERY soon.
    Bongo
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Bongo. Are you coming for coffee on Thursday? I'm sure we'll get on famously!
    Comenius.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete