Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday 8 June 2010

Away with the family.

Gosh, have I had a busy week this week! Not only have I been busy celebrating my engagement to Pip but I have also been away ‘Up North’. Well that is what Colin and Shirley have been calling it and to be honest it did seem rather a long journey in the car especially as I was sitting on the back seat listening to 2 new ‘best friends’ talking about weddings ALL the way! Luckily Abbie was sat in the back of the car too so at least I was not ignored completely! Mind you I shouldn’t complain really as I had a great time away and managed to do and see lots of things. Although I wasn’t too sure about this Viking lady I met on our first trip out exploring the city of York.You can see our gang of three here exploring a little sculpture just outside of York Cathedral.

We had a job getting Curly off it but the mention of a trip to 'Bettys' for coffee and cake soon got her moving.
Curly and I stopped for a quick pose outside the shop and then straight in for a mooch over the menu and cake trolley.

Abbie had to help Curly as she had a job making her mind up.
Pip and I had no problem choosing, chocolate cake every time!


Not sure if Curly wanted some of my cake here but she definitely wasn’t getting any.
Shirley thought these looked rather nice too.
Our next stop was supposed to be the Castle Museum but Shirley got distracted by this shop on the way!


We eventually got to the museum and had fun looking around and we came across a great little play ground. The girls and I had a quick game of Hopscotch.
However, I didn’t find it very funny when I got perched up here!
After the museum we went on an open top bus ride
Abbie took charge of Curly and explained everything we could see to her.

However, Curly wasn’t very good at balancing on the seat.

After that little incident I decided it was best that Shirley held onto me.
Once we got off the bus Abbie decided we all needed a group hug and a rest so that we would be ready for more adventures over the next few days.

We visited a museum called The Eden Camp where there were lots of exhibits to see. I could not resist sitting on these sandbags, just as well Pip and Curly decided to stay in York and do some shopping otherwise I would have got told off.
I am just glad that I am a toy who lives out in the big wide world rather than being stuck in this toy shop window, like this poor Teddy.
The next day we set off early for our drive to Beamish where there was a massive museum with lots of exciting things to see and do, well for me anyway. Pip and Curly decided they wanted to stay in the car and make wedding plans. Apparently Curly is going to be a bridesmaid, whatever that is! Don’t you think Abbie and I look rather cute together?
You can see from this selection of photos just how much fun we had, although I was a bit worried about falling down the wrong side of the bars in the bank vault.
The print room was amazing, I clocked on for work and watched the boss who was busy printing some posters. He did not seem to get as messy as Shirley when she does some printing in her craft room and his alphbet stamps looked different too.


Then we went to the shops, they had some really strange things in them.
We then went on an old bus to school.
Luckily I did not hide in the teacher’s desk.
We tried out the little desks first, they were very tiny.
Then Abbie thought she would see what the teacher’s desk in another room felt like, mind you she doesn’t look too thrilled that I followed her in there.
Finally we went out into the playground and Abbie found this big metal hoop thing she kept chasing around, it made a really loud clanging sound, much louder than the Nintendo game that she loves to play with in the car.
As you can see I did have rather a busy week.


siggy

5 comments:

  1. Wow what a fab week you have all had Cuz. At least you had Colin to keep you company/sane with all those females around. So, have you finalised the date yet? Monkey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I just love Betty's tea rooms, I have to go once a year when I visit my SIL in Leeds. I have also been in that button shop to, I really didn't know were to look.

    Some lovely photos.
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great holiday Bongo - and those cakes looked very scrummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Bongo, I can see why Curly is staying longer with you hun. I'm soooo glad you had a wonderful time in my home town. Curly's Grandma and Grandad had their wedding reception in Betty's so they will be thrilled you all got there. Do they still do the big cream hearts that was their signature cake years ago.
    Thankyou for looking after Curly so well, hugs to all. Curly's Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful holiday, and some great photos to remember it all by! Hope you aren't being driven crazy with those two females constantly chattering on about the wedding! Luv Hedgie x

    ReplyDelete